Sunday, 15 May 2011

The kingdom of Cupboard

Do you remember the poem we all sang out as kids... ":I'm the king of the castle and you're a dirty rascal!"?
I remember standing on various piles of dirt above my friends and brother  feeling on top of the world and triumphantly declaring my authority! Alas, if it were only true now. I want to be the queen in my cupboard, but it seems that the royal station is one that's not admired or respected, especially by four legged creatures, and various two legged ones. I truly think that the cat thinks she is the head honcho lol. She does keep the dogs in line, most of the time...of course claws make a difference! Hmmm, perhaps that is what I need. I have to say that being the queen would be nice, and I am sure that the responsibilities faced by the royals would feel like a cake walk in comparison to what I deal with in my little under the stairs dwelling. I do love everyone and everything that reside in my crazy world with me, but at times I would love it if they would give me space. It really is sad to think that my cupboard has become too small due to the fact that the stress here is so large. Stress takes up a lot of space in every one's life here in the kingdom of cupboard. I guess stress is like the kingdom's dragon. In fact this dragon has even made it difficult for me to have un- muddled thoughts!
(Insert big sigh)... I would love to have a vacation somewhere out of the kingdom of cupboard, but mine is a poor kingdom and really rather than being the queen I am but a pauper. Oh well, I think that if I put things in perspective my life could always be worse..after all some don't even have a cupboard to live in. I have to say thank you to the universe for giving me a cupboard to live in, and it has just occurred to me that almost all dragons have treasure hidden somewhere... so that opens up the possibility of a new adventure in search of untold wealth and riches!!

With love from the cupboard,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment