Here it is late at night in my cupboard. and most of the creatures are snuggled up ready for bed. Others, like the mice will of course scurry about all night while making up stories about the humans lol. There are far too many mice in this cupboard. My daughter's boyfriend works in a pet store and has a soft spot for animals. For many days he would bring mice over after saving them from a fate more horrible than death... becoming snake food. The only porblem is that he failed to correctly seperate the females from the males and the result was babies! I have to admit that it is very educational for my son to see how animals take care of their young. Baby mice are very cute after they get their fur, so it is hard to want to find homes for all these little fuzzy mice. The result I am sure will be the mice eating me out of house and home. I have just spent time trying to fairly divide the stale bread, lettuce and crackers among all the little munchers. When it all gets to be too much I just keep asking myself "in five years will this matter?" Of course living in the now is more important and life is too short to worry about the small stuff, even if that small stuff is far too many mice for one sane person to have as pets!
With love from my cupboard,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment