Today was a good day. Even though the sun was hiding behind grey clouds I still found the energy to ride my bike to work. However, I have to admit that now I am tired. When I arrived home after a full busy work day I was greeted by the smell of brownies baking. What a lovely aroma to come home to. Nothing says home more than the warmth of the oven and the smell of baked goods full of love. These of course were made by daughter. I love that she is baking. She mostly does so for her brother. Today it was so that he and his friend had a treat after dinner. It is a little hard to resist eating all the goodies myself! I try hard to watch what I eat and be conscious of a healthy diet, but what is life if one cannot have a brownie now and then! She made me a nice hot cup of tea and I sat down to relax with half a brownie. It was not long before I started to nod off :)
This is when I would love to close my cupboard door and crawl into bed. If only I could. Too many people gather in my cupboard in the evenings to watch television. I find sometimes that my cup 'board' runneth over! I think that it is important to have boundaries and to know when is the right time to open my cupboard to all, and when to close the cupboard door. I think now is the time to quietly close the door and make my cupboard quiet, pull out my copy of Artful Blogging and crawl into my soft bed. What a lovely thought.
With love from my cupboard,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment